MISSION STATEMENT OF THE WOMEN OF THE ELCA:
As a community of women created in the image of God, called to discipleship in Jesus Christ, and empowered by the Holy Spirit, we commit ourselves to grow in faith, affirm our gifts, support one another in our callings, engage in ministry and action and promote healing and wholeness in the church, the society, and the world.
To mobilize women to act boldly on their faith in Jesus Christ.
Through various program areas, Women of the ELCA’s community of women provide services in their churches, communities, and even the world. We engage in ministry; we take action through advocacy; we promote healing and wholeness; and we support one another in our callings. We offer anti-racism training; address domestic violence, commercial sexual exploitation, and human trafficking; and support families with special needs. We assist participants in their desire to discern God’s call in their lives and to discover their spiritual gifts through workshops, retreats, resources, scholarships, and global education. We offer grants to not-for-profit organizations, both domestic and international, that support healing and wholeness for women of all ages through the affirmation and advancement of women’s emotional, physical, and spiritual health. For more information Visit Us
Yellow Lake Lutheran women gather together the second Friday of every month at the 10th Hole for breakfast. Following the breakfast, we have our bible study and meeting. The bible study is written FOR women BY women. Two of our pastor’s wives have been facilitating the study and have presented it in such a fashion that is very interesting and easily understood. We invite all women to attend and help us in our mission work.
Following is a list of our ministries:
- Provide and serve funeral luncheons for both members and non-members.
- Annual Potluck Picnic and Silent Auction (fund raiser)
- Annual bake sale/bakeless bake sale…easy on the waistline (fund raiser)
- New member continental breakfast
- Easter Sunday continental breakfast
- Various fellowship programs and dinners throughout the year
- Thankoffering service
- Donations to local as well as national and international groups with the emphasis on local charities
- Synod projects such as diapers and layette sets
- Provide lunch for the both the annual cleaning of the church and Christmas decorating of the church
- Dinner with our sister church (both at our church and theirs)